Saturday, April 28, 2007




Day 3 - April 27th

We enjoyed our scones for breakfast. Michael was able to figure out the espresso maker that I brought with me and had some nice coffee for breakfast.

We both went out for a walk/run on a track that runs around Christchurch Meadow. The track goes through the meadow and by the River Cherwell, which is a tributary of the Thames River. I stopped and watched a group of students on a crew team and also enjoyed seeing 2 groups of furry goslings. The parent geese were not at all impressed with us....one even hissed at Michael!! My entertainment for the morning was smiling and making eye contact with the people that I passed and watching their discomfort that a stranger would do such a thing.

This afternoon, while Michael worked, I walked to the train station and booked our tickets for our trip to Edinburgh next Tuesday. All of the people working at the station were very patient with the foreigner and helped me to validate our train passes and reserve our seats on the train.

I also found the Oxfordshire library and was granted a library card, so I now have books to read on the train trip next week. I wanted to re-read the Harry Potter series before the new book comes out, so I am now reading “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” (the British title for the first book).

We ended the evening by watching a TV series called “Midsomer Murders”. We have been hooked on these shows for several years and are buying them on DVD as they come out, however, this was a newer episode that we hadn’t seen.

No comments: